Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beauty in the Bathroom

Over the years I have found that bathroom design in the U.S. is a major money maker...or it was before the downfall. I'm sure that as the economy comes back so will people who love spectacularly designed bathrooms. I found a few that really interest me.



I will start with designs for kids.
Many children have very fun bathrooms. I wish I had something like this growing up! This one in particular is designed for twins.
Matching sink, mirrors, lighting, towel racks, etc.
The design is very simple, beige wall color with green and white accents.






Of course I have to add Disney in.
The design is very simple but lots of fun!!
The red, black, white, and yellow are simple and comforting.







 


This is what residential bathroom design has developed into. Extremely large bathrooms beautifully design. They are great but some would say a waste of space.








 The first image is very simple. Tan and white with a touch of nature. There is plenty of light in the space and a sense of division.





The second is simply gorgeous. There is a great view, lots of natural light, division of sinks for couples, and great lighting around the mirrors and over the tub.
This bathroom actually won third place in the NKBA 2008 design competition.
You can see other large bathroom winners here.



Here are a few more great bathrooms that caught my eye. 

Yes, that is a tub shaped like a shoe. Talk about a girlie girls dream and doesn't it looks comfy. You can find more information on it here.  

 Signage is a major topic in one of my classes right now and as I was looking for images, I found some signage as well, enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment