Sunday, February 13, 2011

When we did the tiny house project, I thought a lot about how the house will fit in to the neighborhood and not look like a shed. This image helped me a lot through the design process. Though the home on the right is a bit larger than 200 square feet, the concept is the same. How do I make this home fit and not stick out like a sore thumb.
What I appreciate most about this design is how well you can see the thought behind everything. Light colored siding is used, not steel or any other metal. I believe this makes it appear more comfortable. Though there is a significant amount of glass per square inch on the facade, it doesn't appear to take over the exterior of the home. The roof line is similar to the neighbors in terms of pitch, but it just different enough to be unique. These small details make the home fit comfortably in the neighborhood while still allowing an inimitable presence.

1 comment: